Thursday, February 11, 2010

Bloggin' : Mambo No. 5

Radiation. Cell phones. Interesting.

So my fiance calls me talking about how her cell phone has one of the highest radiation levels out there which could be sold in the United States. I was a bit confused. I really had no idea what she was talking about it. To me, a phone is a phone. So, I asked what she was talking about. She went on to tell me how different cell phones have different levels of radiation. Luckily, my phone is one of the top 20 in the United States of having the least amount of radiation. Still, it's kind of scary knowing that there is radiation coming out of these cell phones. Even if you use your phone rarely, you are still getting radiation. Years down the line, there may be serious consequences for us generation of cell phone users.

I'm no scientist and I was never good at explaining numbers and figures, but I posted a link which tells a little bit about these radiation levels known as SAR Levels. Take a look if you've got the time. You can look at a list and see your phone and it tells you how much of a level your phone is releasing. That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment